NMF Emergency Scholarship Fund
Sponsor: National Medical Fellowships Inc.
This innovative fund provides a quick response to address 3rd and 4th year underrepresented minority medical school students’ need for immediate, emergency funding when all possibilities of financial help have been exhausted. This fund is available to provide financial assistance when circumstances beyond a medical student’s control create a financial hardship that makes it difficult to continue in medical school. The emergency situation must be sudden, unexpected, and unbudgeted. Applications, deemed eligible depending on financial need, will be reviewed for award by the ESF Advisory Committee. Emergency scholarships are non-renewable scholarships and applicants cannot be receiving other NMF Scholarships at the time of application. Generally, it is expected that the request will not exceed $5,000.
- Must be a graduate student
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must not be attending high school currently
- Restricted by race for American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian/Pacific Islander, Black or Hispanic students
- Restricted to students studying Health and Medical Sciences
How to Apply
There is no application deadline for this award. Applications are accepted continually throughout the year.
This is what you’ll need:
- Financial Need Analysis
- Other – As indicated on application